One year ago today we lost our little Logan. It really is hard to believe it has been an entire year. I will never forget that appointment or what we went through that day, and really over the next few weeks that followed. I can say though, that over the last year, I have grown to love and appreciate my husband, family, and friends more than ever. There is nothing like losing a child--even so small--but I am thankful for their love and support that has carried me through. I am humbled by the friends that i've met and reconnected with through this and have struggled through with me. Some who have been through far worse than me, but have still been there to encourage me. I remember hearing that it would get easier, and I just didn't see how. But they were right. Somehow, with time, it got easier. It still hurts, but I know it wasn't meant to be and that God sees every tear of mine and will bless me with time. God has remained faithful every day and has given me strength on the days that have been the hardest.
We miss our little Logan so much and not a day goes by when we don't remember him/her. He/she would have been 5 months old already. We love you baby Logan!!
I don't know if i've ever posted this, but it's one of my favorite quotes from Tony Dungy's book, Quiet Strength.
"And so we press on. We press on with our memories, our hearts buoyed by a God who loves us and wants us to know Him deeply. We press on with our sense that life's not always fair. And we press on with the knowledge--and assurance--that even though we can't see all of God's plan, He is there, at work and in charge, loving us. We press on with the conviction that even though we don't deserve the gifts and blessings we've been given, He gives them anyway. We press on into an abundant life on earth, followed by an eternity with God." Tony Dungy
4 comments:
I'm sorry that today must be such a sad day, but inspired that you have come through it and emerged a stronger and more faithful person. You are amazing!
Thinking of you guys!
Your growth over the past year has been amazing. YOu have never lost Faith and have pressed on! You are such a witness to those around you!! A smile I can always count on!!
So brave of you to post such a sore part of your history. I am glad you have the perspective you do on it. It is a very hard thing.... Logan was a very loved little baby!
Post a Comment