I know, it's been awhile. It's not that I haven't had anything to say, it's more like finding the right words to write in a way that will make sense. So, here's my best attempt...
Since our miscarriage i've heard many comments on how i'm handling things so well and how strong I have been. Well, it's funny because I don't feel that way at all. I can honestly say that i'm not strong. I have never felt so weak. The only reason I appear to be strong is because I have to be. What other choice do I have? Life must go on!
I have learned through this that only God knows what I am going through and what I am capable of. If you had asked me the day this happened, I would have said I cannot handle this! But, God has shown me that I can if I let him take care of me. I have realized that my worries never weakened me to this point before. They were issues that I thought I could handle on my own. Now, when I am feeling weak and wonder how to make it through the day, I have to depend on God for strength. Through all the tears and pain I know that God loves me and will lead me to happiness in his timing.
Grief pushes us to gain a better understanding of the lessons that are there for us to learn. I may not understand why this had to happen, but I still love God for who he is. In Job 1:21 it says this, “The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised.” Just because God chose to take our baby away doesn't mean that he doesn't love us. Is what you know about God big enough to handle what you don’t know in this life?
I'm not even sure if any of that made sense! Sometimes I struggle to remember it myself. It is so easy to stray away from the truth and to get wrapped up in the worries of this life. If you are struggling with something in your life, my hope is that this will help you in some way. Try to depend on God for just one day. Let go of everything and let God take control. He can handle so much more than we can! I will end with a verse that has been on my heart lately...
"...My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
1 comment:
Thank you for this posting, Steff. It really made me think about how I should be leaning into God when I have struggles. I usually try to tough it out on my own instead-like a lot of people do. You've given me a lot to consider. You rock!---Chrissy
Post a Comment