Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Closer to Love


Well folks, we're back!  It's hard to believe how fast five days in Florida can go.  It really was SO nice to spend time together, and the weather was absolutely beautiful.  Sunny and 90 almost every day.  I would go back in a heartbeat.  I will let the pictures tell the story...

I spent a lot of time at the beach and pool.  This is the lazy river (on the left) and the pool.  I spent a lot of time in the sun, but Chris can't stay in the sun for too long before he gets burnt.   He would join me for a little bit but then had to hit the shade.

Of course, the highlight of our trip for Christopher was when we went fishing!  That's right, we went fishing.  A lot of it was new to me because I don't have much experience with fishing, but we both enjoyed it.  Especially Chris, he loves his fish!  





We caught quite a few fish.  Chris is holding a King Mackerel that he caught, and i'm holding a Red Snapper (and there are a few on the ground behind me that we also caught).  I came really close to catching two others, a baracuda and one of which was probably 5-feet long!  I reeled and reeled and when it was close to the boat he got away.  Darn fishy!  My arms sure got a workout.  Would have been nice to see what I caught though (the captain could see them from the top but we couldn't)!


This is a picture of us taking a "break" from shopping.  I mean, I spent four hours fishing so I deserved four hours of shopping, right?  Lastly, here are a few pictures we snapped on the beach.





For those of you who remember, we were in Florida on October 15th, which is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance day.  You can see that i'm holding a small candle here in honor of our little one and also for any other baby who has been lost. We lit our candle on the beach in memory of our baby.  It was a bittersweet moment.  


All in all, our vacation was great.  I did lots of reading and felt like I maybe moved along in my healing process a bit.  As I head back to work today it's hard to believe that it has been two months since we lost our baby.  I can't remember two months ever going by so fast.  Sometimes it all seems like a blur, but then I think to myself, maybe that's a good thing.  Our little getaway was a great reminder of how lucky I am to have such a loving husband.  I find myself falling more and more in love with him every day.  I'm so grateful for his support through all of this.  Even thought I may struggle to understand some things in life, I still have to stop and realize how blessed I am in life.  

I recently have become a good fan of Mat Kearney.  He was actually in Indy earlier this month.  Chris got me tickets for my birthday and I got to listen to him in person.  I'm not even a big concert person, but I loved it!  You may have heard his song, "Closer to Love" on the radio (it is also on my playlist on the left).  I find myself listening to it every day.  It makes me think of what we've been through and how it has drawn me closer to love... not only closer to my husband but closer to God, who knows how to love more than we will ever know. 

No comments: