Friday, September 16, 2011

Blogger Bound

Okay, so i've decided that i'm a terrible blogger.  I use the excuse that I just don't have time, i'm too busy, i've got laundry to be done, Ella to be taken care of, work, etc.  I could go on and on.  But i've been thinking about it lately, and I started my blog for a reason.  I love to write.  In fact, when I was a kid I wanted to be an author.  Nothing fancy, just a children's author, but it was because I loved to write and use my imagination.  Now obviously my blog is a little bit different because i'm not writing stories, but i'm sharing my life instead.  I've also recently discussed with a few of my friends the benefit of a blog.  It not only gives me a chance to "let it all out", but a chance to jot down my latest memory of Ella's life.  I try to write down all the milestones on Ella's calendar in her room, but I want to remember the small things, too.  So, to get to my point, i'm going to try my hardest to blog more so that I can remember the small things that i'll forget about tomorrow.  

So, what better time to start than now?  Here's the latest from Ella:
  • She's beginning to become a thumbsucker.  She still takes her pacifier but I find her sucking her thumb a lot, too.
  • She loves when I sing to her.  She looks at me with the sweetest little eyes even thought I have a terrible singing voice!
  • She loves her Daddy.  She gives him the biggest smile when he gets home from work.
  • Ella loves when you get her up in the morning.  She gets excited before you even pick her up.  She knows she's ready for a new day!
  • She has been sleeping through the night for about a month straight, with the exception of 2 nights.  That, of course, is wonderful!
  • She loves interaction with other people and to be entertained.  She is such a good baby at daycare because she loves to watch things going on around her.  
  • Ella giggles a lot and it's so stinkin' cute.  
  • She LOVES the outdoors.  She just looks around at everything in amazement.  
  • She has had a stuffy/runny nose and a cough on/off for about 2 weeks now.  She is still content but I hate seeing her cough, even though it's kind of cute!
  • She finally rolled over last week, but still won't do it for me on video, just when she feels like it :) 
  • Her absolute favorite thing to do is to stand up on my lap and jump up and down (with help of course). 
  • Just today she started laughing at Barkley out loud.  It was funny so I got it on video.
Overall, Ella is such a good baby.  They say she is the perfect baby at "school".  I used to think they were just saying that to appease me, but i'm finally convinced.  A lot of the babies in the class are crying constantly for whatever reason and are just hard to keep happy.  I'm so lucky to have such a sweet baby who doesn't ask for much (besides her milk... that's another story, haha).  She is so much fun and even though being a Mommy is hard at times and it took us awhile to get here, I wouldn't trade it for the world.  


I will leave you with a video from today of Ella laughing at Barkley





 My big 4-month old

 Play time!

 Loving my swing... too bad it's not warm year round.  We will miss the outdoors!


  As you can see, Ella loves bath time, especially when she is done and gets to lay on the floor, naked!  
(Sorry it's sideways, my photoshop was acting up and I couldn't get it to rotate)

My sweet little angel.  We love you punkin'!

1 comment:

Cloe said...

So stinkin' cute! We all looked at her pictures and Cameron was waving hi to her thru the computer. See you soon!