Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oh, Baby!

I have some exciting news for this blog 
(if you didn't already know)...  
i'm pregnant!

our little sweet pea (10 weeks, 3 days)

We of course couldn't be more excited!!  I've had requests to blog about our pregnancy and how it all came about, so here it is:

After struggling to get pregnant after my miscarriage we decided to see a fertility specialist, Dr. Gentry.  He diagnosed me with PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) which commonly causes infertility.  He then tried two different medications (an oral medication and an injection), which were successful on the first cycle!!!  Of course I was hoping it would work on the first cycle, but didn't want to get my hopes up.  Ironically, I found out I was pregnant even earlier than the doctor thought I would, which was 5 days before Miley was born.  It's funny how God's timing works out.  I have had so many friends and family members tell me they were praying that I would get pregnant before Miley was born so that it would be easier for me when she was born.  And wouldn't you know.... 5 days before!!  Nothing like waiting until the last minute :)  So anyway, that is the short version of our story.

My pregnancy has been somewhat challenging so far due to lots and lots of nausea.  I have had my fair share of vomiting in the Meijer bathroom, in my car, and at home.  As much as I hate to say it, though, i'm thankful in a way because it has helped ease my anxiety.  Whenever I have thoughts that something could be wrong I have to remind myself that i'm terribly nauseous and everything is just fine (and of course that God is in control)!  So I guess it is a blessing in disguise. I also took a progesterone supplement during my first trimester due to low levels at the beginning of my pregnancy (which was also low during my last pregnancy, but I didn't take a supplement).

I will get around to posting pictures soon.  I'm starting to get a little baby bump.  :)  I am in my second trimester now and our due date is April 18th.  We will find out what we are having on November 15th -- less than 3 weeks away!!!  I can't wait!!!

**I want to emphasize how blessed I feel to be carrying this baby.  Pregnancy is such a blessing from God and I want everyone to know that we feel very lucky to be where we are in life right now.  To my friends who are still on their way to becoming a mom and going through battles of your own, please know that i'm still praying for you and for your families.  I will never forget how hard it was to get to this point, so I want you to know that you are still in my heart every day.  And know too that your day will come when God blesses you with a little one of your own.  Love you guys!

2 comments:

Partners in Crime said...

You of course know that I'm so happy for you both! I'm looking forward to many more updates about the pregnancy and when the little baby comes! Maybe you'll have twins! :)

Cloe said...

We are so excited for you and Chris...you will be a wonderful Mommy & Daddy! You're lives will be forever changed by your little peanut!