Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Oh, What a Night!

Oh, my, goodness.  Can I just tell you what last night was like?  What words can I even use to describe it?  Exciting, amazing, thrilling, once-in-a-lifetime, on the edge of your seat, on the verge of a heart attack and tears, heartbreaking 


I know this may sound crazy.  It's only a game, right?  I mean, that's what i've always told Chris when he is upset after a loss.  I've cheered many games and even cheered for Butler during the NCAA tournament in 2001 when we beat Wake Forest.  But somehow this was different.  This was a real life dream that came OH-SO-CLOSE to that perfect ending.  The boys played their hearts out and should have nothing to regret.  After listening to the press conference following the game, I love the team even more, as well as Coach Stevens.  Last night he was asked if he thought this would help with recruiting in the future.  His response, " I don't think we can get better guys than the ones we have.  We were two bounces from a national championship.  Just because they don't have stars next to their names..."  Good answer in my opinion :)

And can I just tell you what it was like to leave the stadium?  After the last unfortunate shot of the game, Butler fans immediately made their way towards the doors.  As thousands of us walked to our cars, it was merely complete silence.  I think everyone was still trying to take it all in.  We all believed.  It doesn't matter if nobody else did, but we did.

Okay, enough of the mushy stuff.  Here are some pictures from the game.  Overall, it was a great night.  I am SO glad that we got tickets.  Even though we wish Butler would have came out with a win, it is a night that we will never forget, and will likely go down in history.  


Alex and Chris
Denise and I before the game, one of my coworkers who is also a Butler pharmacy alum
Chris and Tim, old buddies from college.  The year I met Chris they were roommates.  In fact, our first date was a double date with Tim and his wife now, Becca.  Oh, the memories!
First play of the game (can you feel my heart beating fast?)
Wouldn't have wanted to share this night with anyone else.  Thanks for taking me downtown to get us tickets!  Love you babe.

Great article:  http://sincaatourney.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/t1_0405_haywardheave590.jpg

No comments: